Assemble to Grow, Learn and Make a Difference!
Building community through engaged learning. Held each Tuesday throughout the semester, weekly assemblies are designed to engage students in conversations with key local, regional or national leaders to both foster a sense of community and promote deep thought and discussion on critical issues requiring your leadership.
Students enrolled in University 101/102 are required to attend Freshman Assembly. Business attire is required.
What is business attire?
Traditional workplace attire demonstrates a high level professional appearance and maturity. A professional appearance and attitude along with good manners and poise are an effective combination for success in college and the workplace.
Why are students required to own business attire?
大发注册入口Consistent with Claflin University’s Guiding Principle to offer excellent customer service and demonstrate professional appearance at all times, we ask that you represent yourself in attitude and attire in those most respected and professional manner, when attending formal university functions such as assembly, lyceum events and convocations.
How does business attire differ among men and women?
- Pant or dress suit (navy, black or dark gray)
- Skirt length (no more than 2” above knee)
- Coordinated blouse (conservative)
- Neutral pantyhose
- Moderate shoes. No stilettos.
- Suit (dark solid color)
- Long-sleeve shirt (white or blue)
- Tie (conservative)
- Belt (should match your shoes)
- Dark socks
- Conservative leather shoes
Past Assembly Topics
- Margarita Anderson, author of Our Black Year
- Columbia Ballet
- Pandora Thomas-Envisioning a Sustainable Future
- Dr. Khalilah Brown-Dean, Why We Can't Wait: Embracing the Fierce Urgency of Now
- Mr. Marcus Creighton, Mind over Money: Financial Literacy
- Dr. Arthur Thomas, Knowledge is Power
- Avoiding Identity Theft
Register here to receive attendance credit for watching
Click to watch on Thursday, September 10, at 6 p.m.