Students participating in Global Education Programs should follow the steps below:
*Application requirements for internships are variable. Please see the Director of Global Education for consultation. Offerings will be announced.
1. Seek guidance from faculty (academic) advisor about Global Education Programs in relation to their degree
programs and career interests/preparation.
2. Academic advisement and pre-registration are required for all students' participation in Global Education Programs.
3. Students are expected to meet with their academic advisors and select appropriate coursework for the
semester/period away as well as for the semester they expect to return to Claflin University.
Students receiving financial aid, must comply with the same financial aid procedures that they follow when studying on campus at Claflin University. Final approval by Claflin University to engage Global Education Programs is not granted without completion of the requirements of financial aid. A stamped, approved course schedule and a copy of the Financial Aid Award Letter must be attached to relevant application forms.
Students must register for the appropriate level of Study Abroad (STUD 200, 300, or 400) and acquire the signature of the Director of Global Education.
In an effort to provide a smooth transition between Claflin University and the selected institution, students are encouraged to enroll in coursework that is applicable to their program of study.
大发注册入口All coursework taken at the visiting institution will be added to their official academic transcript upon receipt of their official grade reports.
4. Faculty advisors will then alert the Office of Global Education of each student’s interest engaging in Global Education
5. Register and attend a Information Session hosted by The Office of Global Education.
6. Complete relevant program application processes and other requirements.
7. Contact the Experiential Learning Coordinator after acquiring the Director of Global Education's final signature on both the Study Abroad Application and the Study Away Application– MANDATORY.
8. Complete Pre-Global Perspective Inventory (GPI) – MANDATORY
9. Complete Global Education Programs.